Numerical simulation in building and civil engineering is widespread for the mechanical dimensioning of structures using finite element softwares. With the increasing reinforcement of energy constraints, thermal and fluid optimization is now becoming essential in the design process.
- Forces calculation (pressure, drag and yaw) on the structure at any point.
- Calculation of structures heat transfert coefficients to assess thermal exchanges that occur between inside and outside of building.
Calculation and assessment of areas with high wind speeds for discomfort estimation. Wind turbine location analysis.
Building energy efficency (summer, winters ..).
Thermal comfort calculations (ventilation, air conditioning..), with or without solar radiation.
Dynamic thermal simulations.
2D pseudo modeling of a distribution network (pumps, valves, elbows ..). Flow rate calculations for minimum speed and minimum temperature requirements.
Column balancing calculations (sizing of pumps, pipes, insulators). Valve settings for balancing columns.
Examples of studies involving building and civil engineering
Modeling of the air conditioning, calculation of the temperature in each office.
Taking into account heat input from solar radiation for various time.
- Calculations carried out with ANSYS.
- Calculation of pressure un force from wind loading (various speed and inclinaison). Fluid separation and von karman vortex calculations.
- Vibration analysis.
- Calculations carried out using ANSYS CFX and ANSYS Mechanicals.
- Modeling peusdo 2D network (pipes, pump, singular pressure losses ..).
- Valve adjustment for column balancing.
- Taking into account business constraints (speed limit, temperature limit etc …)
- Calculation with COMSOL Multiphysics