G-MET Technologies is located in the heart of an industrial fabric rich in maritime and offshore activities. We use our calculation methodologies for solving various marine and offshore problems. Nowadays CFD is a major tool for ship building and design. The use of CFD for shipbuilding industry is also motivated by environmental considerations in improving the energy efficiency of marine vessels. Due to this context, the current applications in industrial field like trim optimization studies, added resistance in waves or bulbous bow design require intensive CPU resources and accurate simulations results.
We have developed a custom solver (marineFoam) based on OpenFOAM toolbox code for marine and naval applications. In comparison to the standard OpenFOAM two-phases flow solver (interFoam), marineFoam is more robust and produce accurate results even at large CFL number (~ 200) (for example for ship resistance assessment). This allows us to perform accurate simulations in a shorter time. We have performed intensive CFD validation using international workshop CFD results : Gothenburg 2010, Tokyo 2015 or LLOYD 2016…
We have integrate to marineFoam many improvements and utilities for industrial applications such as :
- Free surface calculation using HRS schemes : HRIC, CICSAM, mHRIC, mCICSAM, BICS.
- Actuator disk for self-propulsion calculations
- Improved stability of 6 DOF solver (integration and relaxation handling)
- 6DOF formulation with rotating propeller (sliding mesh and hierarchy handling)
- Steady-state 2DOF trim and sinkage formulation
- Numerical beach to avoid wave reflections
- Optimized scripts to produce high quality meshs with snappyHexMesh
- waves generation method using waves2foam package of Niels Gjøl Jacobsen
We propose to use our CFD expertise and CPU ressources (128 cores in house cluser) for :
Feel free to contact us. We will send you our price, delivery time and validation results.